Chris Seftel, ISSA-CFT, CNC, Pn1
Wellness Coordinator, The Residence
Chris Seftel is Certified Fitness Trainer (CFT) and Certified Nutrition Coach (CNC) through ISSA and Precision Nutrition (PN1). ISSA (International Sports Science Association College of Sports Exercise) is an international leader in fitness education. PN1 (Precision Nutrition) is known as “the home of the world’s top nutrition coaches” working with professions athletes from all over the world. As part of a multidisciplinary team, Chris’ role includes providing one-on-one, personal goals-based personal training sessions designed to meet the needs of each client. Chris has over 19 years of experience working with a wide range of clients from professional athletes to individuals with various physical and mental health needs. Chris believes in a mind/body approach to exercise and has completed the following training to offer further specialized support:
– NCCP- Level 3
– The International Olympic Committee- Sports Psychology, Sports Nutrition, Sports Related Injuries and Coaching
– The University of Michigan – Sports-Related concussion management
– ShiftCM- Concussion management training
– The University of Florida- The Science of Training Young Athletes
– McMaster University- Mindshift
– Yale University- The Science of Wellbeing
– The University of Minnesota- Chronic Pain Management
– Adler Graduate School – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
– The Medical University of South Carolina- Cognitive Processing Therapy
– The University of British Columbia- Addiction Care and Treatment
Chris has worked with the University of Guelph and McMaster University to research and publish the outcomes of his programming. Chris was featured in Toque Magazine for the work he completed with his clients at the YMCA.
Chris has certifications in: Yoga, Enabling Heathy Minds through Mental Health and Physical Activity, Group Strength, Group Cycle, Group Cardio, MOSSA Group Power, Aquatic Rehabilitation.
Chris also has a diploma in Recreation and Leisure (Honors) and Physical Fitness.
“Making a difference in people’s lives through physical activity and wellness”